Thursday, November 18, 2010

Dance




Dances teach social patterns and values, the most widely used musical instrument in Africa is the human voice. Some ethnic groups in Africa do not  use drums,  in villages throughout the continent, the sound and the rhythm of the drum expresses the mood of the people. The drum is a powerful sign of life,  it's beat symbolizes  the heartbeat of the community. Such is the power of the drumming, to touch the souls of those who hear its rhythms.

In an African community, the beating of the drum is an opportunity to give one another a welcoming sense of belonging.  It is a time to connect with each other, to be part of that collective rhythm of  life in which young and old, rich and poor, men and women, all join in with a common goal , which is to dance.

All over the world today, dance is one great uplifting gift bringing cultures together, and spreading amazing love and grace, personally I love to dance, and today happens to be one special day in my life where I am just dancing!! because I am celebrating,  it's my birthday! and at the same time I am celebrating a few art quilt dance pieces I created.  I invite all my friends,  let yourselves go!! unleash that animal in you, and just DANCE!
Wendy.

No comments:

Post a Comment